There are a few things to consider before you visit me with your quilt.
- Ensure your backing is big enough- it should be 10 cm (4inches) bigger on all sides.
- Make sure your backing is square and sits flat, no puckers if you have joined your backing.
- Make sure the selvages have been removed and the backing needs to be ironed.
- ensure your wadding is big enough- it should be 10 cm (4inches) bigger on all sides.
- presenting your quilt rolled up will not quilt well, this takes time and extra effort by the quilter to iron the to or backing, most quilters will charge for this.
- The best way to present your quilt is to iron the top and backing. Removing any stray threads. press the seams flat and in the position they should be going.
- if you are sending the quilt in the mail you can still do all of the preparation as above, just fold the top and backing gently.
- Think about what designs you would like on the quilt. What sort of designs do you like, straight lines, flowers, feathers? What colours do you like, do you want the thread to contrast or blend with the top? What sort of money do you want to pay? Generally the more designing the quilter has to do the more expensive the quilting.It is better you give some direction, if you say what ever you think, may not be the effect you want.
These are a few tips on preparing you quilt, if you have any questions please give me a call Sherrie 0408317664