Sherrie T Jewson
Diploma Fashion and design Hobart
Certificate 3 Window Furnishing
Certificate Studio Textiles
Workplace Trainer and Assessor
Teaching at shops
Michelle’s Sewing Basket – long arm quilting
Jiddi’s patch Geelong – patchwork and free motion quilting
Spotlight – free motion quilting, foundation patchwork, painting on fabric, beginners patchwork.
Frangapani quilt shop – free motion quilting
Esme’ quilt shop – painting and stencilling
Teaching at Guilds and groups
Ballarat quilter group – free motion quilting
Gisbourne quilters group – free motion quilting
Ararat quilters group – free motion quilting with stencils
Huon quilters group – free motion quilting for gifts
Nubeena quilt group – free motion and colour theory
A student with the following tutors at AQC
- Jenny Bowker
- Deb Louie
- Gloria Loughman
- Susan Brubaker Knapp
- Judy Coates Perez
- Michelle Hill
- Frieda Anderson
A student at Australian Machine Quilters Festival
- Sherry Rodgers- Harrison
- Kerrie Ann Riles
- Michelle Turner
- Renae Haddadin
- Kim Brunner
- Clare Fairless
- Anne Bright
2013 Hoffman Challenge – Winner
2013 Island Quilts – Presidents award as the quilter
2014 Island Quilts – Highly Commended for Whole Cloth Painted Dahlia
2014 Island Quilts – 5th viewer’s choice for 10 Of Cups
2014 Island Quilts – 4th viewer’s choice for Whole Cloth Painted Dahlia
2012 Hoffman Challenge – Top 20
Ambition for the future
- Be considered a generous and knowledgeable tutor providing guidance and direction for those seeking to evolve their painting and designing skills in textile art.
- Deliver confidence to all students who attend my workshops so they can design more textile art work with confidence.
- Develop good workshop plans with objectives and outcomes that are possible and of course enjoyable for my students.
- My teaching calendar is full with workshops and sessions throughout Australia and overseas.
- To grow my portfolio to keep my future students interested in my designs.
- To be recognised and acknowledged for my quilts for good design and use of colour.
- To be chosen as a tutor at AQC.